- Child bilingualism, (Research) MA
- Tweedetaalverwerving: van kindertijd tot volwassenheid, B2
I regularly supervise theses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level on a variety of topics relating to bilingual and second language acquisition. I am currently (co-) supervising the following PhD students:
- Jan Willem Chevalking, on language development and metalinguistic awareness in bilingual primary education, funded by NWO promotiebeurs voor leraren;
- Figen Karaca, on predictive processing and cross-linguistic influence in bilingual Turkish-Dutch children, funded by CLS;
- Elly Koutmanis, on lexical access in bilingual children, funded by NWO VIDI grant;
- Chantal van Dijk, on crosslinguistic influence in online processing in child bilinguals, funded by NWO promoties in de geesteswetenschappen; and
- Ellen van den Broek (language awareness and academic skills in the English secondary school classroom).
We regularly offer internships on various topics relating to bilingual first and child second language acquisition, bilingual children in general, bilingual parenting and other related issues. Want to find out about current possibilities? Send me an email to s dot unsworth at let dot ru dot nl.